Air Blown Fibre Installation and Maintenance
- Duration:2.5 Days Per Unit
- Course Code:N/A
- FT / PT:Full Time
Air Blown Fibre (ABF) is a cost-effective solution, provides speed of installation and is a greener solution compared to copper cable. The system uses a compressed air installation method and is capable of blowing single coated fibres or bundles of fibre through a route of bends and twists. The fibre units are only blown into the ducts as they are needed, allowing the blown fibre system to develop as the network needs to expand. This course will help those learners who wish to enter the air blown Fibre industry. The qualification provides knowledge & skills of the air blown fibre system to the required industry standards. Learners will also become a registered Emtelle Installer.
How will you be assessed and what will you achieve?
Assessment is a combination of practical & theoretical activities with a multiple-choice question paper. This qualification covers the following units:
- Tube Bundles – different types of tube bundles and identification of primary tubes
- Handling, deploying and testing of tube bundles
- Health & Safety procedures
- Fibre bundles – stripping and handling techniques
- Blowing equipment and operation
- Blowing techniques including point-to-point, centre blowing and onward blowing
- Maintenance of the blowing equipment and changing blowing head to accommodate different fibre sizes
- Choosing maximum blowing distances for certain tube and fibre combinations
- Installation of Emtelle approved closures
How much does the course cost?
For information on the cost of this course, please contact us.
Our Mission is to work with employers in the provision of quality, accredited training, leading to measurable business impact, improved employability opportunities or job enhancement.
DTN Academy is regulated by Ofsted and is a graded as ‘Good’.
- About Us
- Our Courses
- Telecoms Courses
- City & Guilds 3667-02 Award in Communications Cabling
- Air Blown Fibre Installation and Maintenance
- EUSR Passport Scheme – CSCS Card for the Telecommunications Industry
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT & Telecoms Professionals
- Smart Awards – SA001 Overhead
- Smart Awards – SA002 Underground
- BTEC L2 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT & Telecoms Professionals
- WTC-SWR Mass Fusion Splicing Training Course
- Telecoms Apprenticeships
- Armed Forces Resettlement
- Online Courses
- Employment Zone
- Telecoms Courses
- IAG Information
- Terms of Service
- Success Stories
Preston Farm Industrial Estate