- Duration:15 Months (+ up to 3 months for EPA)
- Course Code:N/A
- FT / PT:Full Time
- How will the Apprenticeship be achieved?
Upon completion of the induction process, in line with the apprenticeship standard, DTN Academy will use a combination of in-field assessments, block-release weeks and evidence supplied through OneFile’s E-portfolio system, to complete the KSB’s required to successfully achieve the requirements of the gateway.
(On completion of the Gateway) – End Point Assessment:
- Practical Demonstration – 1 Day
- Professional Discussion – ½ Day
Knowledge Test – ½ Day
Step-by-Step Guide to the On-boarding Process:
- Employer contacts DTN Academy
- Apprenticeship Information Pack will be sent to the employer
- Once the Employer has confirmed the Apprenticeship, the following details must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apprentice Full Name
- Apprentice DOB
- Apprentice Address, with Postcode
- Apprentice Telephone Number
- Apprentice Email Address
- Employer Name
- Employer Address
- Employer Main Point of Contact, including Telephone Number and Email Address
- Following receipt of details, DTN Academy’s Administration Team will:
- Carry out checks to confirm eligibility
- Make initial contact with apprentice to discuss sign-up paperwork completion
- Send EDRS Declaration to the employer for completion (1 per employer – to be sent to email@example.com)
- Make introductory contact with the employer
- Once this process is complete, DTN Academy’s Administration Team will provide the tutor with relevant details to complete IAG interview with the Apprentice, completed on Teams, carrying out an assessment to check for prior learning and answering any questions.
- The Employer must create an account on the Apprenticeship Service (https://accounts.manage-apprenticeships.service.gov.uk/service/index?)
- Following this, the employer will be contacted by (firstname.lastname@example.org) to support the registering of the apprentice on the service.
- Upon completion of IAG, the apprentice and the employer will be advised of the induction dates and location.
Throughout the programme, the apprentices would need to released for the following amount of time at DTN Academy, in Peterlee:
- 2 Days Induction (Start of the Apprenticeship):
The induction session introduces apprentices to the structure and format of the apprenticeship, outlining the requirements needed in order to pass the apprenticeship. Apprentices will be introduced to OneFile, complete English and Maths initial assessments and will cover basic copper/fibre assessments to check for understanding, dependent on the requirements of their role.
- 5 Days (Middle of the Apprenticeship):
This 5-day session will focus on reviewing work that has been completed so far, capturing additional off-the-job training hours and completing a range of theoretical and practical-based tasks.
- 5 Days (End of the Apprenticeship):
This 5-day session focuses on ensuring apprentices’ portfolios are completed and ready to be sent to the End Point Assessment Organisation. The apprentices will also go through a range of activities and mock assessments, ensuring they are adequately and suitably prepared for their End Point Assessment.
- Functional Skills:
If the apprentice does not hold the the required levels, they will need to complete additional training in order to achieve these. The number of days, depends on each apprentice’s level.
- 2 Days (End Point Assessment):
End Point Assessment process can take up to 3 months to complete, dependent on the End Point Assessment Organisation. The EPAO has a 3-month window to organise the assessments. The Apprentice is expected to bring their own PPE, tools and testing equipment to the End Point Assessment. As part of the End Point Assessment process, the apprentices would need to be released for up to 2 days to complete this.
Practical demonstrations must be conducted in one of the following locations:
- The employer’s premises
- A suitable venue selected by the EPAO (e.g. a training provider’s premises or another employer’s premises)
- 5 Days (Occupational Components):
Included in the Apprenticeship programme, DTN Academy will work with the employer to agree 5 days of occupational components to support the apprentice to successfully achieve their programme. This can be tailored to suit the employer and apprentice’s needs. For example, this could include:
- SA001 – Safety Overhead
- SA002 – Safety Underground
- NRSWA Unit 2 – Signing, Lighting and Guarding
Any other additional components above the requirements of the apprenticeship, are not included and would be the responsibility of the employer.