Streetworks Excavation and Re-Instatement (6156) NRSWA
- Duration:Minimum of 5 Days Per Unit
- Course Code:N/A
- FT / PT:Full Time
The New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA) requires that anyone who executes, works for, or on behalf of a utility company, is qualified for the activities being carried out. Any street works site must have at least one qualified operative on site at all times during works, and the site must have a qualified supervisor appointed to the site who can oversee the works. This qualification is for those employed in carrying out and monitoring works on the highway and cover a range of skills from those who need to safeguard their work by signing lighting and guarding to carrying out excavation and re-instatement work. They are available for both operators and supervisors.
How will you be assessed and what will you achieve?
The course programme will involve classroom study and simulated practical assessment. Assessment is a combination of practical skills assessment and a series of paper-based questions on each unit that the learner has chosen. A single unit or a combination of the following units to meet the learners needs:
- 001-Location and Avoidance of Underground Apparatus
- 002-Signing, Lighting and Guarding
- 003-Excavation in the Highway
- 004-Reinstatement and Compaction of Backfill Materials
- 005-Reinstatement of Sub-Base and Road Base in Non-Bituminous Materials
- 006-Reinstatement in Cold-Lay Bituminous Materials
- 007-Reinstatement in Hot-Lay Bituminous Materials
- 008-Reinstatement of Concrete Slabs
- 009-Reinstatement of Modular Surfaces
- 010-Monitoring Signing, Lighting and Guarding
- 011-Monitoring Excavation in the Highway
- 012-Monitoring Re-instatement and Compaction of Backfill Materials
How much does the course cost?
For information on the cost of this course, please contact us.
Our Mission is to work with employers in the provision of quality, accredited training, leading to measurable business impact, improved employability opportunities or job enhancement.
DTN Academy is regulated by Ofsted and is a graded as ‘Good’.
- About Us
- Our Courses
- Telecoms Courses
- City & Guilds 3667-02 Award in Communications Cabling
- Air Blown Fibre Installation and Maintenance
- EUSR Passport Scheme – CSCS Card for the Telecommunications Industry
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT & Telecoms Professionals
- Smart Awards – SA001 Overhead
- Smart Awards – SA002 Underground
- BTEC L2 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT & Telecoms Professionals
- WTC-SWR Mass Fusion Splicing Training Course
- Telecoms Apprenticeships
- Armed Forces Resettlement
- Online Courses
- Telecoms Courses
- Latest News
- IAG Information
- Terms of Service
Preston Farm Industrial Estate